2020 End of the Year Thoughts from the Michael Magro Foundation
As we see 2020 come to a close, we want to thank you for being a friend of the Michael Magro Foundation. Whether you made a gift, read our newsletter, commented or shared on our social media, or referred a family in need of our support, you have made a difference and we are grateful.
2020 has been a year like no other for all of us. For families of a child with cancer, the pandemic has caused even greater trauma. Many families have lost their one remaining income. Fears about bringing the virus home to their immune-compromised child is an enormous stressor. The list of challenges goes on. These families need the Michael Magro Foundation more than ever.
At the same time, our fundraising efforts have experienced great challenges. Our annual Evening of Tasting & Giving was cancelled for 2020. Our golf outing was moved to the fall from the springtime and had significant restrictions to meet safety guidelines.
The thing that has stayed the same is that 10,000 children are diagnosed with cancer in the US each year. Hundreds of them live in New York and Florida where our work is focused. So the need is greater and so are the challenges. But we are sure of one thing – we must move forward to support these families in crisis.
On this last day of 2020, we are asking you to make a tax-deductible gift to the Michael Magro Foundation. Your gift of:
- $500 – will pay the utility bills for a struggling family for one month
- $250 – will send a family a gift card to their favorite restaurant, or send a family of 4 to a safe family entertaining event
- $100 – will provide a gift card to stores such as Target, Walmart, and Stop & Shop to purchase holiday gifts, food, medication, clothing, etc.
- $50 – will provide a gift card for gas or groceries
- $25 – will provide a small gift for a child going through treatment or for the sibling of the sick child
Every gift, no matter the size, matters and is appreciated. Click here to make your tax-deduction donation now. Your support today will help Michael Magro Foundation make a difference tomorrow.
From our family to yours, we wish you a happy and healthy new year.
With our deepest gratitude,
Paul Magro Terrie Magro